With eyelash extensions growing in popularity with each passing day, it would be a little surprising if you hadn’t at least thought about adding them to your beauty repertoire. Many women see the results on their friends, and can’t help but be intrigued by the prospect of enhancing their own natural beauty with perfect lashes. You may even have planned to rush out and have an extension application, only to later hesitate out of a desire to learn more about these beauty wonders. That’s a natural thing to do, of course, and you should be educated before you make any decision like this. In fact, there are five specific things that you should consider before you get eyelash extensions.
- They’re not a short-term commitment. Unlike temporary falsies, these extensions have a longer lifespan. Typically, they’ll last as long as your natural lashes, which means that you can expect them to endure for anywhere from six weeks to two months – the natural life cycle of the average eyelash. That means that you need to be prepared to have them with you for the long haul.
- You’ll need a day of relative relaxation after your extensions. Your application needs time to set, to ensure that the adhesive holds properly. That means that you’ll need a day without showering, swimming, or washing your face. You should also avoid saunas, excessive outdoor activity – especially in the heat, and crying. Your best option is to make sure that you have a day of rest scheduled for the day after your application.
- There is maintenance involved. Lash extensions are not something you just get and then ignore. You need to cleanse them daily, and avoid lying on them when you’re asleep. For best results, you should also consider fill-in sessions between full applications, since lashes don’t necessarily all fall out at once.
- Your extensions will probably change your makeup routine. Once you get lash extensions, mascara may not be the only makeup that you set aside. Many women discover that they no longer need eyeliner, and many others find that they can limit their application of other makeup products too. It’s amazing what a powerful set of lashes can do.
- You’ll never look at your natural lashes the same way again. One thing’s for sure: once you see yourself with extensions, your natural lashes will always seem shorter, less full, and less vibrant than your beauty enhancements. That’s how great your extensions will make your lashes look!
It’s always important to understand what you’re getting into when you make a big change like eyelash extensions. At Ebenezer Eyelash Extension, our technicians can answer many of the most pressing concerns you may have, while offering sage advice about how you can get the most out of your new lash extensions. If you’d like to learn more about how the best eyelash extensions in New York City can enhance your appearance, self-confidence, and overall happiness, contact us today.